Wednesday, August 8, 2007

Finished - July 25, 2007

A Farewell to Yarns by Jill Churchill (1991) 239 pages

Life is hectic enough for suburban single mom Jane Jeffry. She's trying to survive the cutthroat church bazaar politics, and finishing the "afghan from hell" at the same time. What she doesn't need is an unwelcome visit from old acquaintance Phyllis Wagner, and her illmannered teenage son nobody knew about.

When Phyllis is suddenly murdered, Jane's life becomes even more unmanageable. There's no shortage of suspects, and Jane knows better than to concentrate on only the most despicable of them. But with a cold-blooded murderer in their midst, Jane had better be careful not to get strangled in the twisted threads she's trying to unravel.

--------------------

I haven't read a Cozy mystery in quite a few years. I've been very excited about the challenge starting in September, and couldn't wait to read one to refresh my memory. It was great to get back to this genre, and I think I've gone a little nuts on half.com, ebay.com and paperbackswap.com purchasing books I've missed out on from some of my favorite authors and some new ones. Jill Churchill was a new author to me. I really enjoyed this book, but the typos drove me insane. I'm looking forward to reading more by her, and hope she has a better proofreader for her other books!

B-

No comments: